Wednesday, April 12, 2017

If you can dream it, you can build it!

When I purchased my first home, I was excited to begin making it my own. I started by cleaning the exterior walls, adding some decorative rocks to the front entryway, and trimming back the overgrown brush in the backyard. However, when I started looking at costs to make a firepit, purchase outdoor seating, and patio/deck furniture, I was highly discouraged! I thought I was going to have to save hundreds of dollars to even get started with my outdoor dreams.

I decided that there had to be a more affordable option, so I started perusing the internet for alternatives. I was shocked at how quickly and easily I was able to find everything I wanted and more! My go to website became the free listing on Craigslist. There I found several dozen large, flat stones to build a professional looking firepit, large logs from a recently cut down tree to use as outdoor seating, and a small table to use on the deck. Although it took a few hours to gather all of the rocks and logs, and then transport them to my place and build my firepit, no extra money and lots of sweat was worth it! Thankfully, the table was five minutes away and weighed only a few pounds.

I also talked with friends and family who happily gave me what they had been wanting to get rid of: a small outdoor storage unit, several tools, a ladder, and a few large folding tables perfect for parties and outdoor games.

If you're a new homeowner, or are looking to improve the quality and function of the home you've owned for a while now, don't let money stop you from turning your outdoor space into what you want! If you're looking to save money on home or any other kind of insurance, please give us a call at 615-900-0288 or visit our website at ReduceMyInsurance.net. We're eager to help you find the best rates available. Thank you for your business, and have fun transforming your backyard with a little gas money and a lot of elbow grease!


by via Blog - 615.900.0288 Murfreesboro Insurance Agent

No comments:

Post a Comment